Does Shreejee Electronics offer Free Samples?
While we’re happy to collaborate with you to create an exceptional prototype, unfortunately, we can’t provide free samples of custom parts simply because of the engineering time and cost of materials involved (see the Prototyping process below). We do, however, offer no-cost samples of our standard products (provided that you cover shipping costs).
How does Shreejee Electronics process a Quote for a new part?
We encourage you to use our custom Online Quote Form to help you identify and communicate your requirements quickly and precisely. Depending on your needs, we’ll respond with either a Ballpark estimate (a day or two) or a Firm Quotation (typically within a week)
A qualified Ballpark estimate (often requested for bid purposes) is based on a similar design from our vast database of custom products. We can usually turn pricing around within a day, although this generally does not include lead time for delivery or any “minimum buys” for the material.
For a Firm Quote, one of our engineers must perform calculations (often including multiple iterations) to satisfy your physical and electrical requirements. Following this, the designer will draft a physical layout, detailed assembly & labor instructions, and a Bill of Material (including drawings for custom materials) for costing purposes. From here, Operations will verify DFR (Design for Manufacturability) and Purchasing will be material costing and lead-time from our network of trusted suppliers. Once these steps are completed, our sales representative will issue a formal quotation including part pricing, NRE fees & tooling or other charges (as applicable) and lead time to the best of their knowledge.
What is a Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) charge?
A Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) charge is a one-time fee for additional costs incurred for prototyping a new product. This fee is to capture prices for development time spent as follows:
- Design — Preparation of manufacturing documents, including shop-floor drawings, BOMs, labor routings and sub-assembly drawings for custom materials.
- Set-up — Manufacturing Engineering assists the Shop Floor in setting up equipment and tooling to manufacture a new part (and resolve any difficulties encountered).
- Build — Additional labor (and material) needed by production to understand how to build the new product
- Evaluation — Prototype conformance verification and testing by Design Engineering and Quality Assurance.
We also offer the option to amortize them into the cost of the custom magnetic device or when you place your bulk order with us.
What is the standard turnaround time for getting samples?
We strive to meet your targeted request date for samples, and most times, samples are available from our inventories of sample stock. Turnaround time is measured in days for products that may not be in our sample stock program. In some isolated instances typically relevant to custom products designed for our customer’s applications, special raw materials may need to be brought in for samples.
What is Shreejee Electronic’s Prototyping process?
Once a quote is accepted, we’ll flow the project through all key departments before production to ensure success. We’ll begin by reviewing the design, preparing formal manufacturing instructions, ordering materials and scheduling production. Once materials are received, our skilled manufacturing team will build the part with design and manufacturing engineering guidance. After completing the build, Quality Assurance does a thorough first-article review. The Designer prepares an evaluation report verifying that the prototype satisfies your requirements and our internal manufacturing instructions.
How does Shreejee Electronics process Blanket Orders?
We’re happy to support you with better pricing for larger orders released over time. To make this happen, however, we need a few considerations in return:
- Term — We are happy to accept blanket orders scheduled out to a maximum of 8 months. Typically, we buy custom raw materials up-front (to cost-reduce) and hold them for the duration of the order; as you can understand, carrying too much inventory impacts our cash flow.
- Agreements to Hold Safety Stock Quantities — We are happy to hold your agreed-upon quantities of safety stock of finished parts for up to 10 weeks. After this time, however, we must ship and invoice the parts to you. Please note that we need a reasonable period of about 4 weeks to replenish newly finished parts after a release from you.
- Holding Inventory of Finished — Other than safety-stock agreements noted above, there are occasions where you might want us to hold onto the inventory of finished parts beyond the scheduled ship date. In such cases, we can warehouse your parts at a holding fee of 1.5% per month, calculated daily from the original ship date until the parts ship, for a maximum period of up to 3 months, after which time we must ship and invoice the parts to you.
- Holding Raw Material — To get price breaks on raw materials, we do our best to schedule deliveries from our vendors whenever possible. However, we can only hold an inventory of material for your parts for a maximum of 4 months. After this period, we’ll be happy to keep your material in our warehouse, but we must invoice you for it.
Keeping the above points in mind, we can support you with better pricing for bulk quantities over time.
How does Shreejee Electronics coordinate Shipping?
We are more than happy to use your choice of carrier and are pleased to provide shipping support wherever needed. We have experienced logistics personnel who can advise you on customs, import/export paperwork and international air transport. We work with most major carriers, and when necessary for large shipments, we have relationships with International Logistics providers, including FedEx, DTDC and Delhivery.
Our standard delivery term is Ex Works (EXW).
To simplify shipping your parts within India, we need:
- The Contact Name of the person responsible for your shipping activities
- Your Correct Ship-To Address (if different from your Billing Address)
- If shipping within India, your company’s active 15-digit Goods and Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)
- Your preferred Courier and Freight Account Number
When shipping outside India, we will work with you at the onset to find suitable shipping arrangements to ensure that your parts get to your destination in a timely and cost-effective manner.
We often use SpotOn and Delhivery for freight and smaller shipments, though we can ship through other companies according to customer preference.
For some additional tips on Shipping, check out our fun blog: The Art of Shipping – Tips from our 30 years of experience.
How can I know the input voltage or frequency for a transformer I want to replace?
In India, standard outlet power runs from 240 volts at 50 Hz. However, the input voltage or frequency may vary, depending on the circuitry feeding into the unit. We can build transformers for virtually any voltage and frequency.
I don’t know the technical specs of the transformer I need to replace. Can you help?
Yes. In many cases, customers will send us non-functional transformers to break down, which is the most accurate way to determine the specifications. Schematics of the device can be helpful, but most cases require our physical study of the transformer. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss your options.
How does Shreejee Electronics ensure Quality?
Our highly trained quality control staff will inspect and test all parts at various stages throughout and following production. Prototypes are subjected to additional scrutiny by the designer and a professional quality assurance specialist against your specifications. Once the prototype meets your requirements and our stringent internal standards are satisfied, we’ll ship the part according to your specified methods. No prototype or custom part leaves our facility without a detailed Certificate of Compliance.
What kind of testing do you perform to ensure proper functionality?
We test 100% of our products according to your specifications. The type of testing we can perform may depend on the type of transformer and your specifications. The scope of our testing capabilities includes (but is not limited to):
- Magnetic Current (AKA Exciting Current)
- Winding Inductance
- Leakage Inductance
- Winding Resistance
- Open Circuit Voltage
- Loaded Circuit Voltage
- Turns Ratio
- Dielectric Testing (AKA HiPot or High Potential Difference)
- Quality Factor
- Interwinding Capacitance
- Insulation Resistance
For more information, check out our capabilities in detail.
My transformers must be RoHS compliant. Can you do this?
Yes! Our transformers can be built per the RoHS Directive upon customer request. Please check out our RoHS Compliance statement for more information.
Can you build my transformer so it stays under specific dimensions?
Yes. Please send us your electrical requirements and required dimensions. We can usually provide an accurate estimate of the physical dimensions needed to meet your electrical specifications.
Can I use our current transformer design for marketing our product abroad?
If the transformer were designed for use in North America (where the current is 60 Hz), it would likely need to be redesigned. For use in India/Europe, the transformer will need to be redesigned for a 50 Hz frequency, which generally increases the size by about 20%. A 60 Hz transformer will run at a higher temperature to achieve the lower frequency without a redesign.
What Payment Options does Shreejee Electronics offer?
Depending on your circumstances, we offer multiple easy ways to pay for parts. Please get in touch with us for more information.
PayPal or Stripe
Use your Credit or Debit Cards over PayPal and Stripe — easy and fast on standard products available in our catalog.
Settle your payments from any bank through Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT/RTGS). Make sure to use the following details while sending us payments.
|Payee Name||Shreejee Electronics Pvt. Ltd.|
|Bank Name||Indian Bank|
|Branch||Hauz Khas, New Delhi|
Now you can also conveniently pay through UPI (Unified Payments Interface). When sending us payments, use our Business UPI ID — 9312403175@okbizaxis to initiate payments using any UPI-powered app of your choice.