With over 35 years of experience in supplying our custom magnetics components, including transformers, chokes and inductors, to customers throughout India and across the ocean, we’ve faced our share of “unfortunate events” with shipping. So here are a few crucial points to think about in the pursuit of getting your parts on time, intact, and at a reasonable cost.
- Let us know who your favorite carrier is (courier, trucking company or hyperlocal delivery service).
- Please note that you need to consider if it’s a heavy item or a large quantity; shipping hundreds of kilos by air will significantly increase the cost.
- Do you have an account with your carrier that we should be aware of?
- Avoid the “low-cost” carriers that tend to find “creative” ways to increase your price despite their lowest-price quote. Increase of risk of damage increases significantly with such “low-cost” carriers.
- Do inform us beforehand who your contact person is for shipping matters.
- We need your GSTIN if you’re in India.
- How soon do you need the parts? You can save a lot of ₹₹₹ by shipping over the course of a few days or picking up tomorrow instead of today.
- Does your facility have a shipping dock, or are we delivering to your house? Can you accept a skid? Do you have special hours? These all make a big difference in the type of truck needed to carry your parts. For example, hand-bombing boxes off of a skid on an 18-wheeler is never fun
- Note that shipping multiple parts on a skid has a significant advantage over loose boxes from a damage perspective.
- Consolidation of multiple orders in one shipment at the same time can offer significant savings.
- If you’re Offshore, we recommend working with a Freight Forwarder.
The main point is that with just a little preparation in advance, we’ll get your parts to you safe & sound, on time and at a cost that won’t empty your wallet.